Gold, Silver and Bronze awards may be given in this category. One Grand Gold award will be chosen from among all of the entries in categories 23-27.
23. Individual Features or Feature Articles
24. Editorial shorts (published editorial pieces, print or web, less than 1000 words)
25. Development Writing (fundraising letters, case statements, donor recognition, impact reports, etc.)
26. News Writing (news releases, web or print news writing)
- Appropriateness to audience
- Achieves stated objectives
- Quality of writing
- Quality of editing
- Creativity and originality
- Development of story idea
- Overall impact and effectiveness
How to enter
Use the online entry form to upload the published work and pay for each entry. You will not need to submit an abstract for entries in the Writing category, nor will you need to mail the published piece for judging.
Entries must be submitted in their published form (not as raw text). For Development Writing or News Writing, if there are related pieces, please combine them into a single PDF file when submitting the entry. Pieces written for the web may be submitted as a screen shot PDF or with a link to the story.
If you have any questions regarding entries for the Writing category, please contact the judging coordinator:
Assistant Director, Publications
Office of Communications and Marketing
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725-1030